The 2022 NBA free agency moratorium, when teams can begin negotiating with players, officially opens on Thursday, June 30 at 3 p.m. PT. While that marks the official beginning of free agency, rumors have long since started. Predictably, the Lakers have found themselves and will continue to find themselves in the middle of many of those rumors.
With that in mind, below is a list of every player they’ve been connected to during free agency, sorted alphabetically. We will be keeping this as updated with as many reputable reports as possible. For those that don’t scroll Twitter endlessly and even for those that do, bookmark this page to stay informed.
Available players connected to the Lakers
- After spending a season as a role player for the title-winning Warriors, Bjelica could look for a bigger role with the Lakers interested as a minimum signing, per Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
- It may be a new year, but the Lakers are still targeting old players to sign as Thomas Bryant, who is coming off a frustrating 2021-22 season where he played only a couple dozen games as he returned from a knee injury, is considering the Lakers, per Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.
- After being included in the trade that sent Dejounte Murray to the Hawks, Danilo Gallinari was expected to be waived was reportedly drawing interest from the Lakers.
- In one of the funnier links of the offseason, Blake Griffin could be returning to Los Angeles, but in the other colors, as longtime Marc Stein and Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report discussed.
- Another former Magic player, Gary Harris would be a potential wing target for the TPMLE, according to Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
- Long a target by the Lakers throughout the years, Jeremy Lamb has been linked to the Lakers by Jovan Buha of The Athletic as a minimum signing.
- After a season in Miami where he became a contributor for the Heat, Martin is set for a pay raise and is a TPMLE target, per Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
- Also according to Jovan Buha of The Athletic, the Lakers have interest in both Martin twins with Cody coming off a strong year in Charlotte as well.
- After winning a title, Otto Porter could be set for a pay raise with the Lakers a team interested in him with their TPMLE, per Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
- One of the few trade candidates not associated specifically with a Russell Westbrook trade, Coby White is reportedly someone those around the league believe could be targeted by the Lakers, according to Dan Woike of the LA Times.
- Once the Michael Jordan of the bubble in Orlando, T.J. Warren has had injuries derail his most recent seasons, making him a potential target for the TPMLE this summer, according to Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
Players who actually signed with the Lakers
Troy Brown Jr.
- Following not being tendered a qualifying offer by the Bulls on Wednesday, Troy Brown Jr. signed for a minimum deal on Thursday with the Lakers.
- After no links whatsoever to the Lakers in the build-up to free agency, Damian Jones signed a two-year deal with the Lakers to return back to the franchise he spent a handful of games with during the 2020-21 season.
- A rarity for the Lakers this offseason as they sign a player they were previously linked to by agreeing to a deal with Juan Tuscano-Anderson, according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.
- Among the many bargain bin signings linked to the Lakers by Jovan Buha of The Athletic is Juan Toscano-Anderson, a big man from Golden State who had a smaller role in the Warriors playoffs last season.
Lonnie Walker IV
- A victim of the Spurs’ desire to tank, Lonnie Walker IV was non-tendered by San Antonio, allowing him to join the Lakers for the TPMLE at $6.5 million for one season.
Players connected to the Lakers who went elsewhere
- Despite being linked to the Lakers for the TPMLE, Bamba returned to the Magic on a two-year, $21 million deal according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.
- Along with a number of other teams, Mo Bamba was linked to the Lakers by Khobi Price of the Orlando Sentinel. The big man was non-tendered by the Magic and entered unrestricted free agency. Jovan Buha of The Athletic offered the same links between the Lakers and Bamba, potentially for the taxpayer mid-level exception (TPMLE).
- As predicted, Nicolas Batum returned to the Clippers on a two-year worth $22 million, per Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.
- Initially linked to the Lakers by Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, Nicolas Batum also was connected to the Lakers as a TPMLE target by Jovan Buha of The Athletic. The expectation, though, is that he will remain with the Clippers.
- Jevon Carter remained with the Bucks at the start of free agency, signing a two-year deal according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
- Looking to make improvements defensively, the Lakers have expressed interest in Jevon Carter, according to Jovan Buha of The Athletic.
Danuel House, Jr.
- Because Daryl Morey wants to run it back, Danuel House is the latest former Rocket to join the Philadelphia 76ers, signing for the bi-annual exception on a two-year deal according to Kyle Neubeck of Philly Voice.
- Once a strong 3-and-D candidate in Houston, Danuel House Jr. still could command the TPMLE from the Lakers this summer, according to Jovan Buha of The Athletic.