When the NBA transaction window opens on Nov. 16, teams that have gone months without being able to make any trades are going to start wheeling and dealing, which means there are going to be a deluge of Lakers trade rumors in addition to all the players connected to the team in free agency.
With trades as arguably the most realistic way the Lakers can improve their roster, the team is being linked to numerous players before that window even opens. As the madness continues, we’ll be making an effort to track all of the (reputable) reporting connecting various players to the Lakers here. So bookmark this page and stay tuned for updates as what promises to be a wild summer unfolds.
For a list of all the players linked to the Lakers in free agency, check out this page.
Now, without further ado, let’s get into the latest:
Players the Lakers might acquire
- The Lakers have completed a deal for Schröder, swapping Danny Green and their first-round pick for the Sixth Man of the Year runner-up.
Players the Lakers might trade
- The Lakers have salary-dumped McGee to the Cleveland Cavaliers to make room for Marc Gasol. In the process, they acquired Alfonzo McKinnie and Jordan Bell, the latter of whom they will cut.
- In addition to the aforementioned deal for DeRozan, the Lakers have also reportedly taken other trade calls on Kuzma, even if they’re still “open” to extending him.
- However, don’t expect them to necessarily reach an agreement on a new deal, because Kuzma is said to be looking for a “sizable” contract. Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka says that dialogue hasn’t begun yet.
- Green has reportedly been dealt to the Thunder in a deal for Dennis Schroder.
- Green was previously linked to a return to the Spurs in the previously mentioned DeRozan deal, and his big expiring contract and underwhelming first season in purple and gold will make him a major source of speculation and rumors all offseason, especially with the Lakers reportedly open to taking calls about him.
- Green knew that such reports and speculation were coming, and said he wasn’t worried about it.
- Don’t panic yet: There haven’t been any definitive stories about the Lakers potentially moving Caruso since the February trade deadline, when the team reportedly offered him in a deal for Derrick Rose that the Detroit Pistons rejected. However, given that he’s under a cheap contract, is one of the few role players who isn’t a free agent with trade value after this playoff run, and the fact that apparently just about every team that calls the Lakers wants to trade for him, don’t be shocked to hear his name in a few rumors as the offseason continues.
For more Lakers talk, subscribe to the Silver Screen and Roll podcast feed on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or Google Podcasts. You can follow Harrison on Twitter at @hmfaigen.