Lakers free agent rumors are one of the most fun (and sometimes, exhausting) parts of the offseason. We all know the team is going to be linked to Paul George and LeBron James at some point, but what about the rest of the 2018 free agency class that Los Angeles will need to fill out its roster?
This is the place to keep track of all of it. Silver Screen and Roll will obviously be on top of James and George’s decisions here as well, but this page is also worth bookmarking in order to have an updated list of every player the Lakers have reportedly met with, how those meetings went, and links to information on everything going on around Los Angeles during free agency.
The Lakers have a young core of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Kyle Kuzma (or, at least they did when this article was first written), but most of the rest of the roster is up for grabs.
Will James and/or George fill some of those holes? Will Julius Randle be back, or will he sign a contract somewhere else? Will the Lakers match it? What about veterans to fill out the end of the bench, or fliers to take on undervalued young players? The Lakers will almost assuredly be involved in rumors for all of those players and player types, so allow this page to serve as a reference point where you can consolidate all of the reports instead of always having to remember who the team has met with yourself.
The list begins below, but as always, for instant updates on who the team is signing or pursuing, make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, where we’ll be posting information throughout the offseason.
Now, on to the list!
- LEBRON JAMES HAS SIGNED WITH THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS OMGGGGGGGG.
- There were rumors that Carmelo Anthony might head to the Lakers, but it seems the team’s interest was “overstated.”
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is also coming back to the Lakers.
- Tyreke Evans is set to meet with the Lakers on Monday.
- The Lakers missed on Paul George, who opted to head back to the Oklahoma City Thunder on a max contract.
- The Lakers might target DeMarcus Cousins, who they’ve reportedly reached out to and will set up a meeting with. (Cousins has since signed with the Warriors, and the Lakers weren’t actually interested)
- The Lakers are all set to meet with Clint Capela, who the Rockets will likely match any offer on.
- The Lakers expressed interest in Luc Mbah a Moute.
- The Lakers were reportedly interested in Nerlens Noel, but he signed with the Thunder.
- The Lakers also contacted Amir Johnson, according to reports. Johnson would be a target on a veteran’s minimum deal.
- The Cavaliers have reportedly spoken with LeBron James and his agent, Rich Paul. They are also meeting with the Sixers, and the Nuggets are trying to get a meeting with him. Magic Johnson reportedly did not have dinner with James to start free agency, but some league executives think James joining the Lakers is already a done deal.
- The Lakers might be interested in Aaron Gordon, who the Magic want to retain. (Update: He’s gone.)
- The Lakers have agreed to a one-year deal with Lance Stephenson.
- The Lakers and JaVale McGee have agreed to a one-year deal.
- The Lakers have renounced the rights to Julius Randle, making him an unrestricted free agent (Randle signed with the Pelicans)
- Rajon Rondo has reportedly agreed to a one-year, $9 million deal with the Lakers.
You can follow Harrison on Twitter at @hmfaigen.