Silver Screen and Roll is on the lookout for Los Angeles Lakers fans that bleed purple and gold that want to join our staff! We’re looking to expand our team to help with our daily coverage of the Lakers, ranging from gameday content, features and analysis, short form and everything in-between.
Our community of Lakers fans has steadily grown over the years, and we’re looking to broaden the range of voices featured in our discussion of the greatest NBA franchise of all-time. If you’re looking for a place to grow as a writer while breaking down all things Lakers, read on to learn more about joining the team.
Who we’re looking for
- Passionate Lakers fans who want to discuss all things purple and gold
- Current community members who want to become a part of our staff
- Articulate writers who breathe the day-to-day NBA cycle
- Podcast lovers and listeners who have their ears out for interesting Lakers tidbits to transcribe and turn into content
- Analytical-focused basketball fans who want to explore their observations and research with our community
- Teammates looking to help our Big Blogger Brand grow as a whole as the Lakers move full steam into a new era
- Up-and-coming writers that are looking for a large platform to showcase their work
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for writers and contributors on all fronts of our digital media and Lakers coverage efforts here at Silver Screen and Roll.
- Analytics/statistics-driven commentary (e.g. data analysis, advanced statistics, and data visualization)
- Feature writers
- Daytime news commentary and aggregation
- Gameday coverage (e.g. previews, recaps, highlights)
- Video/multimedia content
- Salary cap expertise
Contributors will be open pivot to work on a mix of the content above, and anything that enriches our coverage of the Lakers is of interest. Writers with less experience will be worked into the content rotation gradually, and all members of the team will be working closely and communicating with me on a daily basis.
So you’re still interested
You made it this are and still want to cover the Lakers here? Fantastic!
For more information on the opportunity, please head over to the official Vox Media recruitment listing to read more, and apply for the job at the bottom of the post.
Send an email to SilverScreenRecruitment@gmail.com with the following information:
- Subject line: SSR Application: [Last Name]
- Explain to me why you want to help Silver Screen and Roll cover the Lakers
- Describe how you foresee yourself helping our coverage of the best NBA franchise out there, and what you hope to gain from the experience
- Include 3 published writing samples that reflect the kind of work you’d like to bring to our community. If you have a variety of types of content, please show me what you have in your bag of tricks!
Provide samples for the following assignments
Lonzo Ball rolled his ankle in the fourth quarter against the Chicago Bulls and results are finally in the morning after the injury. The Lakers announce he’s out for at least two weeks, giving Tyler Ennis a huge role for the span. Head coach Luke Walton also said immediately following the injury that he expects Jordan Clarkson to help with some of the ball handling duties.
Write at least 200 words on the subject (no more than 300), and provide two different SEO friendly headlines.
Explain in 151-200 words why Kyle Kuzma is the steal of the 2017 NBA Draft.
What happens next?
We’re looking to move fast in this process, and will be working on finalizing the new additions to the team by September 23rd at the latest. Media day and training camp are around the corner, so myself and some helping hands from SB Nation will be parsing through applicants quickly.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of Silver Screen and Roll, the time is now. I’m looking forward to continuing the growth of our community and presence as one of the best homes for Lakers fans, and can’t wait to work with and lead a fresh batch of writers!
Thank you for your time and consideration!