1. It's been quiet leading up to the NBA Draft lottery, but the latest ripple on the free agency front is a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports that the Cleveland Cavaliers have "legitimate fear" Kevin Love will walk as a free agent. The Los Angeles Lakers will certainly be linked to Love until he has a fresh contract signed, so don't expect this to go away anytime soon.
2. The NBA Draft combine is the next stop for the incoming rookie class. Or most of it, at least. Top prospect Emmanuel Mudiay is expected to skip out on the process, biding his time and looking ahead to private workouts. It probably won't sway any decision, but it's worth keeping an eye on with the Lakers potentially being in position to draft him.
3. Jahlil Okafor available for the Lakers at No. 4? That's probably a longshot, but Chad Ford took the general manger duties for every team in the league and that's how his top picks shook out. It's fun to dream. On the Okafor front, he's been working out in preparation for the combine and is in great shape, according to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express:
Jahlil Okafor has only been here for four days, but he came in phenomenal shape. As lean as I've ever seen him. Hasn't been vacationing...— Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) May 6, 2015
4. Nick Young's return to the Lakers seemed like a no-brainer last summer, but he had a terrible season under Byron Scott. His sophomore slump in Los Angeles definitely left much to be desired, and having him under a multi-year contract feels less than ideal.
5. On the potential outgoing free agent front, Jordan Hill's place with the Lakers is up in the air. Again. It's seemed like Hill's either been on the chopping block or set to walk, but he keeps on tugging along in the frontcourt rotation. His $9 million team option feels steep for this Lakers team. Our staff decided to kick around whether or not Hill will keep his purple and gold jersey.
Until next week!