1. The Los Angeles Lakers won the second overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft on lottery night, turning a franchise-worst season into a potential era-defining moment. After two of the most disappointing seasons in Lakers' history, the team is heading in a new direction, giving fans plenty of reason to feel joy once again. Finally, relief.
2. Draft analysts immediately took to publishing fresh mock drafts once the draft order was set. The initial reaction is the Minnesota Timberwolves will take Karl-Anthony Towns with the first overall pick, leaving the Lakers with Duke big man Jahlil Okafor.
3. Becoming the next franchise center for the Lakers could be an appealing option to either Towns or Okafor. Jahlil reportedly has his "heart set" on the Lakers already, while Adrian Wojarowski of Yahoo Sports hints that Towns could play hardball with Minnesota if he wants to land in Los Angeles. It's going to be an interesting process to see how both talented big men leverage themselves to their preferred destinations.
4. What's next for the Lakers? General manager Mitch Kupchak stopped by the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN Radio and delved into the front office's thoughts on the No. 2 pick, free agency and Kobe Bryant's future. This is great insight as pendulum begins swinging in the Lakers' favor again. Here's a small sample of what Kupchak had to say:
We have a head start on building through the draft, and then this summer we have a lot of cap room, and with the cap going up next summer we will still have a lot of cap room. We are going to use the draft and we have to be aggressive in free agency.
5. The Lakers' franchise is filled with off-court moments that have altered the NBA's landscape, and coming away as the biggest winners on lottery night might go down as one of them. The Great Mambino went on a journey through Lakers lore to reflect on those key moments for the purple and gold.
Bonus: Sometimes you've just gotta' roll with it when you win. Flawless victory, Byron Scott: