The Los Angeles Lakers are still in the free agent market and recently contacted power forward Anthony Tolliver, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports. Tolliver averaged 4.1 points and 2.5 rebounds per game for the Atlanta Hawks.
Tolliver was coached by Kurt Rambis when he played for the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2010-2011. The Lakers currently have 13 players under contract with Elias Harris and Marcus Landry signing deals after Las Vegas Summer League, and L.A. is expected to sign 2013 NBA Draft pick Ryan Kelly as their 14th man. Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register has previously reported that the Lakers would enter the season with a 14-man roster.
The Charlotte Bobcats, Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls are other teams in the mix for Tolliver. The Bobcats have already offered Tolliver the veteran's minimum and he visited the organization on Monday, according to Tomasson.
Tolliver would like to make make his decision by Sunday.
More from Silver Screen and Roll:
- NBA Commissioner For A Day: All salaries should be created equal
- As NBA fans scoff at the MLB PED suspensions, a crisis looms large
- Lakers still dominate national television in 2013-2014 season schedule
- Mike D'Antoni says Dwight Howard affected decisions he made with Pau Gasol
- 2013-2014 Los Angeles Lakers schedule