"Well, we're in Vegas, and I would bet a lot of money that this guy comes back probably in preseason," Buss told NBA TV.
This comes after Chris Douglas-Roberts revealed that Bryant had told him he is "three months ahead" of schedule after tearing his Achilles in April.
The Lakers' 2013 NBA preseason begins on October 5 when the Lakers play the Golden State Warriors in Ontario, California. Preseason ends on October 25 in Anaheim, California where the Lakers play the Utah Jazz.
Bryant is expected to begin running in roughly three weeks. The Lakers have added depth behind Bryant by signing Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar and Nick Young while also picking up Jodie Meeks' player option. There is still no official timetable on Bryant's return, though multiple reports have indicated he is progressing at an accelerated pace.
More from Silver Screen and Roll:
- Lakers news: Jordan Farmar agrees to 1-year deal
- Lakers overcome Bucks in the clutch, 72-68
- Lakers news: Kurt Rambis 'close' to joining Lakers coaching staff, according to report
- Lakers Summer League: Chris Douglas-Roberts trying to earn spot on Lakers
- Kobe three months ahead of rehab schedule, fellow player reports