Wednesday it was reported by Mark Medina of the L.A. Daily News that Gasol would seek medical clearance to run after the Lakers concluded their two-game road trip.
After his first running session Gasol stated that the it was "very encouraging" and he had "minimal discomfort", via Kevin Ding of the O.C. Register.
There have been no updates on Gasol's timetable, which was slated to be a 6-8 week recovery period at the minimum, but there have also been no reports of any setbacks. With a minimum of two weeks and maximum of four weeks left, should the Lakers squeak into the playoffs (currently 1 1/2 games out of the playoffs), Gasol should be coming in after nearly two months of time away from the court.
With the tendinitis he suffered from early in the season, perhaps a month out of action will best serve him for what will either be the end of the Lakers' season, or the beginning of the Lakers' playoff run.
More on the Lakers:
- Breakdown: Dwight leads the defense against Hornets
- If the Lakers make the playoffs who falls out?
- Phil Jackson texts Dwight Howard
- Dwight: Could have sat till March to improve conditioning
- Beast or Burden: The Lakers' lack of frontcourt depth was exposed against Atlanta
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mX0zAUiyYeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>