Kobe was considered "doubtful" going into the game, but is now officially out. This will be the second-straight game that Kobe has missed after playing in the previous 67 games the Lakers have played this season.
Going forward, Kobe will be considered "day-to-day", though the Lakers are off until Friday when the Washington Wizards visit Staples Center. Bryant initially injured his foot last Wednesday in Atlanta, then attempted to play on the ankle Friday. It will be a full week since Kobe tried to play on the ankle when his status will be once again in the air.
Pau Gasol could also return to the starting lineup against the Wizards after missing six weeks of action after tearing the plantar fascia of his right foot.
Kobe did, however, travel to Phoenix with the team so he can continue receiving treatment on his ankle. Jodie Meeks will continue to start in Kobe's absence.
- Follow this author on Twitter @DrewGarrisonSBN
More on the Lakers:
- Can Antawn Jamison be the stretch 4 the Lakers need?
- Lakers at Suns preview: Lakers have to keep winning without Kobe and Pau
- Pau Gasol injury: Out at least two more games
- Jordan Hill injury: Could return by late April
- Buoyed by great role player performances, the Lakers stayed effective without Kobe Bryant
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQET8MTk780" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>