Just last week Gasol participated in running drills for the first time since tearing the plantar fascia of his right foot. With Pau reaching the fifth week of his recovery, and a six-to-eight week timetable (no updates on the timetable still from L.A.), this is good news for the purple and gold as they've been playing with one true center in their rotation.
With the Lakers in a tight race for the eighth seed in the playoffs (or perhaps even higher), Gasol could return in time to get a handful of games in at the very least while the Lakers wrap up their season.
Gasol had his first "extensive" workout today adds Dave McMenamin of ESPN Los Angeles, and will ramp up his basketball workouts going forward, along with running again on Thursday.
- Follow this author on Twitter @DrewGarrisonSBN
More on the Lakers:
- Dwight Howard and the Lakers, better late than never
- Final Score: Lakers disband Bulls, 90-81
- Dwight: Orlando return will be "very emotional", Kobe respond
- Dwight: Kobe will make me a better man and player
- Have the Lakers finally reached a turning point?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V-g48UxDEU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>