The Dallas Mavericks lost earlier tonight, so if the Lakers win they'll take over second place in the Western Conference. Actually they're in second place right now, but if they lose they'll fall back to third. I probably could've explained this a little better.
You know what to do whenever:
- Someone mentions "controlling the pace,"
- Ron Artest humorously botches a fast break,
- A Laker gets a technical foul,
- Andrew Bynum is called for three seconds in the key, or
- Evelyn Taft makes an appearance.
Ask not what the game thread can do for you.... ask what you can do for the game thread.