- Ron Artest Is Angry at the Rockets -- NBA FanHouse
- European Round Up at Lakers.com BasketBlog
Celtics will win back-to-back, says Garnett - Lakers blog - OCRegister.com
(Hey KG! That would be kind of hard to do, since the Lakers will win the next 2 and you, sir, are not a Laker. Tough luck for you.)
Biggest heads of the class - OCRegister.com
(Janis Carr has Kobe at #1. I'm fine with him being up there, but LBJ should be #1. Or at least higher than he was listed.)
Speaking of Kobe....Happy belated Born On Date Kobe! I'm a day late saying it, but here are some Kobe highlights as a courtesy.
- Tip-Off Timer: Kobe's 65 in 2007 -- NBA FanHouse
- YouTube - Watch All of Kobe's 81 Points in 3 MinutesYouTube - Watch All of Kobe's 81 Points in 3 Minutes
- YouTube - Kobe Scores 52 vs. Mavs, 30 in 4th and Overtime
- YouTube - Kobe Bryant Scores 61 Points at Madison Square Garden
- YouTube - A Free Lesson With: Kobe Bryant
Click on through for the rest of today's Links...
- Reports: Miami Heat forward Michael Beasley checks into Houston rehab - ESPN
- Heat's Beasley admitted into rehab center - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
Here's a link to the pic of Beasley:
Mike Beasley and His Twitter Just Made Life Harder for Himself -- NBA FanHouse
(No wonder there were doubts about this kid. Some get it, some don't. The NBA has worked hard to clean up it's image, and Michael Beasley seems to be a player who doesn't understand the privilege of being in the NBA. This is exactly what the NBA doesn't want or need. Get right, get focused Michael. If he is in fact feeling suicidal, then I hope he gets all of the help he needs. Basketball is secondary.)
freedarko.com: Bend String on Zither
But when we posted that tattoo twit on Friday, the bags didn't even cross our mind. Maybe we're content to call a bag a bag; maybe we just were't super-scanning the background for too-thrilling data on what a 20 year-old millionaire does in an empty hotel; maybe we know that Beasley probably smokes and plays video games in all his spare time, but just didn't care. Whatever our over-liberal reasoning, the next morning it turned out we'd missed out on a MONSTER SCOOP: Michael Beasley photographed himself with pot-a-phenalia. What a moron.
- The 10 best teams of the decade never to win a championship - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Devin Harris, Courtney Lee help give Nets promising future - Scott Howard-Cooper - SI.com
- Report: Iverson to reunite with Larry Brown in Charlotte - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Iverson Story Conclusion Provides Look At Current NBA Decision Making -- NBA FanHouse
- Top Five Centers for 2009-10 -- NBA FanHouse
- Assists: The Passed Present - CelticsBlog
Assists: The NBA's Most Misleading Statistic - WSJ.com
Assists are decent indicators of performance, but they're also splashed with subjectivity.
(Hat tip to CelticsBlog)
Is the Shaq and LeBron Basketball Marriage Doomed? - WSJ.com
As Shaquille O'Neal and LeBron James prepare to team up in Cleveland, there are some signs of turbulence ahead.
- NBA TV celebrates Reggie Miller's birthday with legendary games - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
Hardwood Paroxysm " Blog Archive " A Brief Review Of The Consequences Of The Memphis Basketball Program’s Actions
(Matt's right: Nothing.)