So... what's everyone up to this Sunday?
The first half tonight was a cavalcade of Laker FAIL. Gaze on my bullet points, ye purple and gold fans, and weep:
- The Lakers have an effective shooting percentage of 33%. The Rockets' EFG is 58%.
- Luis Scola has leased out space in the paint and put up 18 points and 9 rebounds.
- Derek Fisher: 2 points on 1-for-5 shooting, 0 assists, 0 rebounds and 0 steals.
- Against the miniscule Rockets' front line, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum have combined for 4 points on 2-for-9 shooting.
- Kobe picked up his fifth tech of the playoffs on a particularly egregious referee error. Seven techs = a one game suspension.
- Ron Artest actually made a three.
Unlike halftime at Game Four, this one isn't completely out of hand, to the point where a comeback is unfathomable. Still, erasing a 16-point lead on the road requires work - odious, difficult work - and knowing that Game Seven awaits at comfy Staples Center, do the Lakers have the will even to show up in the second half? Stay glued to this third-quarter thread to learn the answer.
Oh, and FREE JORDAN FARMAR.