Well, that sucked. We just flat out had our asses handed to us in the 3rd. No excuses. We lost. The Nuggets won their championship last night and I hope this loss sits with the Lakers. Let the Nuggets celebrate like it's June, and keep their starters in halfway into the 4th quarter. They earned the win. We needed to stay focused in tough circumstances against a good team, and last night we lost composure on the road. That doesn't happen too often. We didn't play smart when Denver turned it up, and I hope watching Denver's usual front running lingers as a reminder. We will not play that bad in any quarter for the rest of this season. I'm pretty sure of that. We'll take care of them next time.
Here are your Lakers Links...
Recaps, Post Games, and Chats:
In Soviet Russia, Nuggets Serve You - Silver Screen and Roll
Annihilation - Silver Screen and Roll
Lakers - Nuggets Running Diary at Lakers.com BasketBlog
Half measures fail miserably for Lakers -- latimes.com
Lakers' faith in Artest in question - The Orange County Register
Lakers lose their air of superiority against Denver - LA Daily News
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets - Recap - November 13, 2009 - ESPN
Nuggets too much for LA this time | PE.com
Forum Blue And Gold " Preview & Chat: The Denver Nuggets
TLN’s Postgame Report: Lakers @ Nuggets | The Lakers Nation
Click on through for more Lakers Links after the Jump...
The Los Angeles Times:
- Lakers' Ron Artest loses Round 1 to Denver's Carmelo Anthony
- Nuggets 105, Lakers 79: Postgame Chat | Lakers Blog | Los Angeles Times
- Lakers at 50: Lakers leave Boston hanging in the rafters
Lakers at 50: The greatest Lakers team ever? One vote for the 1985 NBA champions
? He says the 1987 team was the Best Ever.)
- Mark Heisler picks the best Lakers team ever
- Kobe: Fatigue is no excuse for failure in Denver
- All-time worst scoring half in Lakers history
- Even Phil Jackson wonders Magic’s No. 32 and Bird’s No. 33
- Defending Champs Fall in Conference Finals Rematches
- Kobe: LeBron Using Head, Not Mouth
Bynum Expects to be All-Star Starter
(NBA All-Star 2010 Ballot - Vote for your Lakers!)
- Brawl Will 'Spice Up' Movie About Artest
- For Denver, a big win and big dunk - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Nuggets toast win with shot of confidence - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Andrew Bynum Is A Beast | NBC Los Angeles
NBA All-Star 2010 Ballot
Vote for your Lakers!
Book Excerpts That Don't Suck: The Art Of A Beautiful Game - Book Excerpts That Don't Suck - Deadspin
(This is a great read. Hat tip to Gils_Keloids)
Note to the worrying Chicken Little fan: The Celtics lost last night too.