(Hat tip to olf for the video link)
Los Angeles Times:
- Lakers' return to Forum is anticipated
- Lakers' Lamar Odom is comfortable with his role
- Andrew Bynum's big day at Lakers practice
(If you don't like the LA Times, then you can read the same topics at....)
LA Daily News:
Orange County Register:
- Burning Camp Question 9: How sharply can Artest shoot?
Bynum takes some of Lamar's minutes
(Again? Did the Lakers call every paper to run this story? I'm not gonna bother to link OC's Forum link.)
- 2009-10 NBA Preview - Los Angeles Lakers - NBA - ESPN
- Another Open Letter to Ron Artest - Bethlehem Shoals - The Baseline - Sporting News
- LAKERS: Lakers Practice Report: 10/08/09
Head Coach Phil Jackson and Guard Derek Fisher talk about last night's preseason victory and reflect on their time at the Forum, where the Lakers will host the Warriors tomorrow night.
- Podcast: Voice of the Nation – Episode #62 | The Lakers Nation
- Kobe Wired - NBA.com
(Hat tip to j.d. hastings)
- The LA Times Lakers Blog's Kam Bros. ESPN 710 Lakers Podkast
Click on through for the rest of the links, including some Warriors links (since we'll see them again and AGAIN!)....
Read up on the Warriors:
- Pre-Season Hijinks, Episode 1: The View from Oakland - Silver Screen and Roll
- FanHouse Preview: Warriors -- NBA FanHouse
- NBA Countdown: No. 19 Golden State Warriors - The Baseline - Sporting News
- Golden State Warriors : Ten days with the W's
- Warriors' Curry to be part-time starter right away - San Jose Mercury News
- Golden State Warriors : Ellis/Azubuike practice Thursday
- Mikki Moore to sit out tonight's game with a fractured ego. - Ohkeedoke News
Someone better hide Mikki Moore for this game. He might not want this again:
This is just too good to not show again and again.
By the way, Ohkeedoke News is reporting that Henry Abbott has called to say that Shannon Brown should have passed the ball to Lamar Odom. "The basketball gods, and Tex Winter, all want Brown to hit Odom with a pass. When people talking about making the right basketball play, that's what they're talking about." In a game that matters, he's right. In the regular season, against the Spurs, Brown just might do that. Should do that. And for those who can't detect sarcasm, I made the call up.
- FanHouse Preview: Clippers -- NBA FanHouse
- Allen Iverson Will Miss 3 Weeks -- NBA FanHouse
- Iverson Injury Will Slow Grizzlies
- Southwest preview: Spurs still jingle - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN
Cuban: Current Mavs better than '06 Finals squad - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
(Did Wayne Winston give him some calculations to tell him this? Anyway, it's too bad for them. There are at least 5-6 teams not only better than those Mavericks, but probably better than the Heat team that beat them in the Finals.)
Al Harrington Guarantees Knicks Will Make Playoffs This Season -- NBA FanHouse
(It's gotta be the shoes.)
Shaquille O'Neal says the Cleveland Cavaliers look great on paper - ESPN
Even with his four NBA titles, Shaquille O'Neal says this Cleveland Cavaliers team could be better than all the rest. (Of course. Who didn't expect him to say that? When the lose their last game of the season or if they fail to make the Finals, can we say that it was one of biggest choke jobs ever? This is setting up lovely.)
- Shaquille O'Neal won't help Cavaliers address biggest weaknesses - Britt Robson - SI.com
I posted these fairly early, so it will be updated throughout the day, as it gets published. If any readers come across something good, feel free to post the link in the comments.