The Los Angeles Lakers expect Nick Young to miss a minimum of two weeks after an MRI revealed a non-displaced fracture and bone bruise in his left knee, the team officially announced. Young left the Lakers' game against the Cleveland Cavaliers in the second half and did not return.
The Lakers are bringing Shawne Williams back following the injury, signing him to a 10-day contract after waiving him earlier in the season. Williams is expected to join the team prior to their game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday.
The Lakers roster continues to deal with injuries. Thursday night in Cleveland the team was down to five available players and Robert Sacre was allowed to stay in the game despite fouling out. Jordan Farmar also left the game early after suffering a leg cramp. Steve Nash was inactive Thursday, resting in the second half of the team's back-to-back.
Another game, another injury. Get well soon, Swaggy P.
- The Silver Screen & Rollcast Episode 7: Live tonight at 6pm PT!
- Lakers overcome storm of injuries and foul trouble, beat Cleveland in hilarious fashion, 119-108
- Even with two returns, the Lakers are still comically injured in 109-99 loss to the T-Wolves
- Silver Screen & Roundtable: What's an acceptable trade return for Pau Gasol?
- NBA Draft 2014: Dante Exum wants to talk to Kobe Bryant