Kobe Bryant had a huge night against the Hawks, here's the game-winning layup, and the monster dunk on Josh Smith. And Kobe spitting venom.
Kobe Bryant had a memorable night in Sunday's game against the Atlanta Hawks as he pushed the Los Angeles Lakers to victory, including this game-winning layup, a vicious dunk on Josh Smith, and a little buzzer-beating fun in the first half.
Bryant ended the night with 34 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists. The Lakers in-bounded the ball with 18 seconds remaining on the clock the Hawks defense broke down to Al Horford defending Kobe on the perimeter. With time ticking away he drove past the mismatched Horford and layed-in beautiful shot that somehow arched over the outstretched arms of Smith, but kissed the glass and didn't even send a quiver through the net.
(h/t to @Marcel_Mutoni for getting that link)
Then. there's Exhibit B) of Kobe in destroy mode. A jarring slam, a legit contender for the dunk he laid down on the Brooklyn Nets for his best of the season.
And of course, as a bonus, the venom-spitting shot as the buzzer sounded in the third quarter. It was a memorable game from Kobe, and the Lakers pushed back up to .500 on the season.
More on the Lakers:
- Andrew Bynum still affects the Lakers, even from 2,300 miles away
- Dwight Howard is setting strong screens and it's paying off
- Kobe Drives Lakers through Hawks, 99-98
- Kobe Bryant named NBA Western Conference Player of the Month
- Beast or Burden: The Lakers' bench unit is performing exceptionally well