The Lakers' road troubles continue as they fall to the uber-subpar Detroit Pistons in overtime, 88-85. The team is now 6-13 away from Staples Center, which is baffling considering their stellar 17-2 home record. It seems every time they collect a big win, they give it all away in their next outing. It's an old dance done to the same old song.
The last three big Lakers victories have now been followed by letdown losses, hardly the kind of sustained excellence the Lakers are hoping for as they near the postseason.
The Lakers won at Boston on Feb. 9 and then lost the next night in New York. The Lakers won at Dallas on Feb. 22 and then lost the next night in Oklahoma City.The Lakers beat visiting Miami on Sunday and then took a flight to Detroit the next day, and lost in overtime to the Pistons on Tuesday night.
A loss is bad enough, worse when one player has a stellar night, but the worst is when that player is Andrew Bynum who scored 30 points and grabbed 14 rebounds, his 11th straight double-double. Hopefully, we'll see more of that tonight.
In other news, John Wall doesn't think the Wizards are serious enough; Kevin Garnett doesn't like rebounding but does it because he's good at it; Mark Cuban still has faith in Lamar Odom; the Charlotte Bobcats put a whoopin' on the Orlando Magic; and Jason Kidd thinks the refs should show a little more respect to the Dallas Mavericks.
Next up for the Lakers: the 8-29 Washington Wizards. LOL
↓ More after the jump ↓
- Lakers lose to Detroit in overtime, 88-85, as Kobe Bryant struggles
- Lakers FYI: Mike Brown, at least, has Kobe in MVP discussion
- Lakers fall back to reality in 88-85 overtime loss to Pistons
- Five things to take from Lakers' 88-85 OT loss to Detroit Pistons
- Rapid Reaction: Pistons 88, Lakers 85 - Los Angeles Lakers Blog - ESPNLA
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Detroit Pistons - Recap - March 06, 2012 - ESPN
- Los Angeles Lakers make case to stick together - ESPNLA
- NBA -- Teams to watch before trade deadline - ESPN
- Los Angeles Lakers' Mike Brown supports Kobe Bryant for NBA MVP - ESPNLA
- Reilly: Talking with Bird and Magic - ESPN
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban confident Lamar Odom fully committed to team - ESPN Dallas
- Lakers 85, Pistons 88: March 6 Running Diary " Lakers Blog
- Trade Chatter: Rent-A-Dwight? " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- LAKERS: Lakers Youth Foundation & Jersey Mike's Subs
Team Up For Month of Giving in March
- Pistons overcome Bryant, beat Lakers 88-85 in OT
- Maggette scores 29 as Bobcats dump Magic 100-84
- Magic still resisting Dwight Howard trade
- Nowitzki has 28 for Mavs in 95-85 win over Knicks
- Kobe Bryant wore a black mask, looked like a crime fighter | Ball Don't Lie
- The Point Forward " Posts Quantifying Rajon Rondo’s trade value "
- Andray Blatche Frustrated By Wizards Fans Booing Him | SI Tracking Blog
- Charles Barkley, Cedric Maxwell: Bounties were part of NBA, too - Sporting News
- John Wall: Too Much Joking In Wizards Locker Room | SI Tracking Blog
Orange County Register
- Off night for Lakers, Bryant
- Lakers have another letdown
- Lakers vs. Detroit Pistons
- Masked Kobe’s clearest message: persevere
- Lakers top rookies: Goudelock fitting in
- Kidd says Mavericks’ title should mean more respect from refs
- NBA owners to discuss ads on jerseys at next meeting
- Report: Diaw asks for buyout from Bobcats
- Catching up with Lenny Cooke, the former can’t-miss kid
- One way or another, Raptors cutting ties with Anthony Carter
- Mark Cuban still has Odom’s back. That will not change.
- Baseline to Baseline recaps: The Bobcats and Pistons both won. Seriously.
- Quote of the Day: Kevin Garnett doesn’t really love rebounding
- We Reminisce: Kobe’s 2 Weeks Of 50-Point Destruction In 2007 | Dime Magazine
- Dirk Comes Through In The Clutch; Kobe Can’t Produce A Miracle | Dime Magazine
- Digital Gravel’s "Kobe Doom" T-Shirt | Dime Magazine
- Charles Barkley Rips "Punk" That Snitched On Gregg Williams | Dime Magazine
- SLAM ONLINE | " Post Up: Charlotte’s Win
- SLAM ONLINE | " Basketball Workout No. 4 with Jade of Spades
- Lakers Rumors: Timberwolves, Rockets Still Interested in Pau Gasol? | Lakers Nation
- Lakers Cannot Contain Stuckey; Lose to Pistons 88-85 | Lakers Nation
- Can Advanced Statistics Redefine Basketball Positions? - NYTimes.com
- NBA Recap - New Jersey Nets at Miami Heat - Mar 06, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- NBA ref to Dirk Nowitzki: 'Do you want to go?' - CBSSports.com
- Report: Kobe fined for skipping All-Star events - CBSSports.com
- Forum Blue And Gold " The Rumor Mill: Using The TPE