Kobe: Don't ask me where D-Wade went. LeBron: Huh? Kobe: Oh, nothing.
In case you haven't heard Kobe Bryant suffered a broken beak in Sunday's All Star game, which was won by the West who set a scoring record with 88 points in the first half. Kobe did finish the game, but a CT scan later revealed the damage. Bean will be evaluated again on Tuesday by an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist here in Los Angeles. No word on whether or not he'll wear a mask until his nose heals, but there are many to choose from. In addition to his nose, Kobe also broke Michael Jordan's record for most career All Star points. He now sits atop that list; check.
In other All Star news, Kevin Durant was named MVP, a childhood dream for him, and many say the regular season award will come down to a battle between KD and LeBron James, who's having a stellar season. Andrew Bynum, in his first All Star game, played just five minutes, according to plan.
"It was planned this way," Bynum said. "I decided to play just a little bit to experience it."
This weekend marked 20 years since Magic Johnson's memorable last All Star appearance and Magic was honored before Sunday's game. We bust on Magic sometimes for his "outrageous" ideas about the Lakers, but all that aside, he's still an incredible man with an incredible story. Congratulations, Magic.
During the game Johnson scored 25 points with nine assists and five rebounds, leading the Western Conference to a 153-113 victory over Michael Jordan, Isaiah Thomas and the Eastern Conference. It was the second time in his career (1990) where Johnson earned All-Star MVP honors.
Dirk Nowitzki got a little lazy post-championship, Dwight Howard's mom wants him to stay in Orlando, the Sacramento Kings are staying put (for a while), Lamar Odom is "missing", and Hedo Turkoglu likes dancing and pizza. Sit back and enjoy.
↓ Much more after the jump ↓
- Kobe Bryant Injury Update | Lakers.com
- Kobe Breaks His Nose … then MJ’s Record | Lakers Blog
- Laker Girls Blog 02/27/12 - Jennifer | Lakers.com
- Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant suffers nasal fracture at All-Star Game | ESPN LA
- The second half: Seven things to watch | ESPN LA
- Kobe Bryant has a nasal fracture | ESPN LA
- The Forum: What we learned in the 1st half, what to expect in the 2nd | ESPN LA
- NBA All-Star Game: It's West by a nose as Kobe Bryant breaks nose | LA Times
- Lakers' Kobe Bryant to see specialist about his broken nose | LA Times
- Andrew Bynum's limited All-Star appearance points to knee concerns | LA Times
- Exam of Kobe showed no sign of concussion | OC Register
- Sacramento Kings strike arena deal to stay in city | ESPN
- No timetable for Lamar Odom's return to Dallas Mavericks | ESPN Dallas
- Spencer Hawes of 76ers to miss at least two more weeks for Achilles | ESPN
- Bulls' Derrick Rose doesn't think All-Star Game dancing was right | ESPN Chicago
- Sacramento Kings strike arena deal to stay in city | ESPN LA
- No timetable for Lamar Odom's return to Dallas Mavericks | ESPN LA
- Kobe Bryant: Suffers Broken Nose In All-Star Game
- Kobe Bryant breaks record, nose
- Sacramento, Kings & NBA reach tentative arena deal
- Chris Bosh's daughter can attend birthday dinner
- Rockets rookie Marcus Morris ticketed for role in bar fight during All-Star Weekend
- What LeBron James did in All-Star Game just doesn’t matter
- Wizards trying to trade Andray Blatche, but nobody wants him
- NBA Power Rankings: All-Star Weekend edition
- Winderman: Sacramento arena win just first step for Kings
- Danny Ainge is still waiting for the Celtics’ identity to emerge
- There they stay: Framework in place to keep Kings in Sacramento
- Momma says: Dwight Howard’s mom reportedly wants him to stay in Orlando
Dime Mag / SLAM Online
- The Top 10 NBA Plays Of The Season’s First Half | Dime Magazine
- NBAers React to All-Star Game | SLAM Online
- Kings, Sacramento Reach Tentative Arena Deal | SLAM Online
- LeBron James Regrets Not Taking Last Shot in All-Star Game | SLAM Online
Blogs and Other Links
- Kobe Bryant Will Get Broken Nose Evaluated Tuesday | Lakers Nation
- Andrew Bynum Plans to Play Wednesday Against Timberwolves | Lakers Nation
- A Look Ahead | Lakers Nation
- The Dream Nets Scenario | HoopSpeak.com
- Baseline Award Predictions for the season to come | Eye On Basketball
- Dwight Howard's mom wants him to stay with Magic | Eye On Basketball
- Reports: Sacramento, Kings agree to 'framework' | Eye On Basketball
- A-Rod: Kobe considered retirement over knee | Eye On Basketball
- Howard update and Bynum thinks he's staying | Eye On Basketball
- Power Ranking: The NBA’s 10 Most Dreadful Players | Shaky Ankles
- TBJ ORL: All-Stars write their own headlines | The Basketball Jones