It's been three days since the Lakers last played, a nice break for a team that began the season with another tip-off seemingly every few hours. With rested legs, home-court advantage and the butter-soft Phoenix Suns in town, there's no excuse for this not to be a comfy, one-sided victory. There will, by the way, be a person of some importance in the Staples crowd tonight. Say hello to Xi Jinping, Vice President of China, soon-to-be President of China and apparently a big Kobe Bryant fan. Welcome to Los Angeles, Mr. Vice President! Sorry you had to put up with J.R. Smith for so long.
Crack a Tsingtao in Mr. Xi's honor whenever someone mentions:
- Metta World Peace's beef with Mike Brown over his playing time,
- Whether Phoenix will trade Steve Nash,
- How the Lakers tried to sign J.R. Smith and failed,
- Kobe getting to 6,000 career rebounds (he needs just four more), or
- That Shannon Brown used to play for the Lakers.
Now you type about basketball.