(Welcome to the first installment of the Lakers Tweetbag, where we compile a handful of the most interesting tweets from the Lakers beat writers throughout the Twittersphere. This is a prime cut from the people who follow the in's and out's of the purple and gold for a living. Also, any miscellaneous goodness from the Lakers season journey included. Enjoy!)
The Lakers are struggling to start this season and nobody is hiding this fact...
The great TJ Simers asked D'Antoni if Phil dodged a bullet for not getting Lakers job. D'Antoni: "I took it right it in the kneecap."— Mark Medina (@MedinaLakersNBA) December 11, 2012
Dwight on Lakers' future: "There'll come a day when it'll all be done. Right now, we're rabbits. Everybody has a gun."— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) December 12, 2012
D'Antoni on Lakers: "Right now, we're all screwed up."— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) December 12, 2012
LAL are shell-shocked to have lost 13 games by Dec. 11. Weird mix of injuries, lack of continuity + resulting lack of confidence.— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) December 12, 2012
Meanwhile, the Lakers begin to consider their options at point guard with Steve Nash out at least two more weeks, and Steve Blake out another two months. Delonte West is a name we've kicked around here plenty, and finally the Lakers have started to seriously consider bringing him in to help stabilize the situation. Yes, Delonte West, stabilizing.
Source tells ESPNLA.com Lakers hweighing other options at PG. Situation w/ Nash too unclear. Can't keep waiting while they lose.— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) December 12, 2012
And, tweet of the night goes to Kobe Bryant who claims this might be the toughest stretch in his entire career.
Kobe: "This is the toughest stretch. This is the most challenging stretch that I’ve been in my 17 years."— Mark Medina (@MedinaLakersNBA) December 12, 2012
Kobe Bryant spent a good 15 minutes w/ us talking about the state of the team. Called the latest loss an "embarrassment."— Mark Medina (@MedinaLakersNBA) December 12, 2012
Kobe's been talking for a while, & he's certainly very upset. Said he literally can't put his finger on how season has gone.— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) December 12, 2012
What's going on at Silver Screen & Roll:
- Los Angeles Lakers are considering adding Delonte West to fill point guard void
- Mitch Kupchak says plan has always been to keep Pau Gasol all season
- Steve Nash still two weeks away from returning for Los Angeles Lakers
- Beast or Burden: Lakers no longer have margin of error
- Video: Mike D'Antoni pissed off as reporters questions the Lakers defense
- The Lakers Continue Their Nightmare Start to the Season, Falling In Cleveland to the 5-17 Cavaliers
- Los Angeles Lakers demolished by Cleveland Cavaliers, final score: 100-94 - Silver Screen and Roll
- Follow this author on Twitter @BallReasons