LA Times: 95% chance Jackson returns

Ronald Martinez

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the Lakers are moving quickly to hire Phil Jackson as their new head coach. According to Mike Bresnahan, there is a 95% chance he returns to coach the Lakers.

Things are escalating quickly in Los Angeles. The LA Times is reporting this morning that there is a 95% chance that Phil Jackson will return as the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers for the third time during the Kobe Bryant era. From Mike Bresnahan's report:

The Lakers are moving quickly toward hiring Phil Jackson as their next coach, with one person in the organization calling it a "95%" chance he will return for a third tour with the team. The Lakers plan on meeting with Jackson on Saturday morning to make sure he is interested in the job. The unknown 5% in their equation is the chance Jackson doesn't want to fill the vacancy created by the Friday firing of Mike Brown, either because of health reasons or other unknown issues.

This is exciting news for the Lakers, as Jackson is the best coach in the history of basketball at managing superstars and getting them to perform together to achieve a common goal (that's why he has 11 rings, you know).

Jackson has Kobe's full endorsement as well as the support of Laker fans (and apparently Dwight's, too), so this will be an easy decision for management to make if Jackson is willing to comeback.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Silver Screen and Roll

You must be a member of Silver Screen and Roll to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Silver Screen and Roll. You should read them.

Join Silver Screen and Roll

You must be a member of Silver Screen and Roll to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Silver Screen and Roll. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker