The NBA season will start officially in three days. And as we are all very excited about this fact, we can only leave it to the Lakers
and Kobe to provide us with anxiety. With the acquisations of Steve Nash
and Dwight Howard
you would feel that the regular season is a simple formality. I will break down just what exactly we should see from all five starters and key roll players.
1.Steve Nash - I kind of got the impression that Steve could be too good of a passer for some on this team, if being too good can be a burden. He did click with the starters and he picks his moments to score. But I wouldn’t disagree with Mike Brown
that Pau or Dwight wll stay in with the second unit.
- Nagging foot injury, meet banged up knee, banged up knee meet broken finger, broken finger meet fractured wrist. Yeah, I think Kobe will just be fine especially after his comments to retire after 2013-2014. He will give us his very best.
3.Metta World Peace
- He looks lean, we know he is mean and he looks as if OKC and LAL were to meet in the WCF he could easily stay with Kevin Durant
maybe not offensively but absolutely on the defensive end. He provides a lot of excitement and offensively he looks as if it will be a lot more helpful than last year. QUEENSBRIDGE BABY
- We were able to keep him in the Dwight Howard trade, now im not any kind of NBA Analysis, but im pretty sure keeping Pau and getting Dwight was highway robbery. And believe it or not the trade wasn’t nixed for "Basketball Reasons". I just hope Pau doesn’t disappear at times. If he is consistent we will have the best front court not only on paper but on the hardwood as well.
5.Dwight Howard - STAY HEALTHY, he looks really great in his two preseason games and from what I have been told, he is all over the place in practice. Defensively the Lakers got better with this key addition, with Dwight down low and MWP on the perimeter, a lot of fast break and rafter grabbing dunks are in the Lakers future. My only fear is if we try to get the ball down low too much. Dwight runs the pick and roll…Lets not just throw the ball within the distance of the rim and hope Dwight slams it down.
- Good defense, can shoot from the perimeter and is the spark this bench needed last year and we now have it.
- If he is consistent from the arc and makes few to no mistakes, he will be a key reason we make a run for the 17th Championship.