Kobe Bryant wants a trade, now. And he's got before the 15th of March to make it happen. For Kobe, these next couple years are going to be his last chances to surpass Michael Jordan in rings. And we know he's all about winning, according to assistant Chuck Person:
Kobe is lethal to the 10th power. This guy has an unending thirst for winning, and he shows it in practice every day -- when he's able to.
With the Lakers struggling against good teams this year, Kobe is ready to pull the trigger. He's desperate to improve the team. He's desperate for Dwight Howard. How desperate?
Kobe Bryant has had at least one in-depth phone conversation with Howard recently, even discussing how Howard might fit in with the Lakers' scheme.
One person with knowledge of the conversation said Howard came away feeling as if he wouldn't be the Lakers' top option, for obvious reasons. It's Bryant's team.
Kobe has always been active when it comes to potential additions to the team. Now he has to prove to Dwight that teaming up with him will get him a ring. He's shown he can still score, giving 4 straight games of 40+ points. Now he's proving a big man can flourish next him, dishing 7 assists and Gasol scoring 26 points.
Tonight's matchup against the Magic will prove to be monumental. Is this an audition of sorts? Of the Laker system for Dwight? Of Bynum to the Magic?
"It’s going to be fun,’’ Bynum said. "I don’t really think it’s that big of a matchup. It’s just a regular season game for me. I want to go out and play hard, and I’m going to try to score, and I’m sure he is, too. … Everybody else is saying (it’s a big matchup between the two), but not me. I’m just going to play my game.’’
More Links After the Jump...
- Heat 98, Lakers 87 - Lakers blog : The Orange County Register
- Mike Brown uses fourth to build confidence - Lakers blog : The Orange County Register
- Miami is now 5-0 without Wade -- what's it mean? - CBSSports.com
- Lakers hit points of no return in Miami - latimes.com
- Lakers have no fight, and that's no good - latimes.com
- Lakers-Magic center swap might be on back burner - latimes.com
- Up next for the Lakers: Friday at Orlando - latimes.com
- Lakers almost a no-show against Miami in 98-87 loss - latimes.com
- Five things to take from Lakers' 98-87 loss to Miami Heat - latimes.com
- Road woes continue | james, bryant, lakers - Sports - The Orange County Register
- Lakers Big 3: Where do Kobe, Bynum, Gasol rank? | big, season, bynum - Sports - The Orange County Register
- Brown tests starters to gauge their tenacity | bynum, lakers, brown - Sports - The Orange County Register
- Andrew Bynum gears up to face Dwight Howard - Lakers blog : The Orange County Register
- Lakers Friday preview: at Orlando Magic (10-4) - Lakers blog : The Orange County Register
- Lakers 87, Heat 98: Jan. 19 Running Diary " Lakers Blog
- All-Star 2012 Second Returns " Lakers Blog
- Air Check: The Proper Way To Complain " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- And One: Fade To Green " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- Live From Orlando, It’s Dwight vs. ‘Drew " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown credits LeBron James for his job - ESPN Los Angeles
- Injuries in the compacted NBA season will determine the league's winners and losers - ESPN
- Heavy minutes hurt title chances - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Lakers' problems extend beyond loss to LeBron - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Nostalgia's gone for LeBron, Brown - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Penny Hardaway wonders why nobody seemed to get why he was hurting | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Russell Westbrook is set to take in a soon-to-be earned contract extension | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Hamed Haddadi is finally joining up with the Grizzlies | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Cuban believes this year’s Mavs are better than last year’s | ProBasketballTalk
- Heat’s depth exposes Lakers’ serious lack of it | ProBasketballTalk
- Baseline to Baseline recaps: Samuel Dalembert saves the day | ProBasketballTalk
- Lakers, Magic not talking Dwight Howard trade; Kobe is talking to him | ProBasketballTalk
- Report: Utah Jazz willing to trade Devin Harris | ProBasketballTalk
- Charges may be dropped against Mavs coach Armstrong | ProBasketballTalk
Blogs and Other Links:
- Lakers assistant Chuck Person talks Mike Brown, Kobe Bryant, more - Sam Amick - SI.com
- Does the Lakers' Andrew Bynum compare with Dwight Howard? - Inside the Lakers
- Forum Blue And Gold " Lakers/Heat: Too Little, Too Late, Too Much LeBron
- Howard, Bynum audition amid trade rumors
- Laker Offense Still Questionable in Loss to Miami | Laker Nation
- LeBron James, Heat Run Past Cold-Shooting Lakers | Lakers Nation