Starring Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan..
It's no secret that Kobe Bryant wishes to surpass Michael Jordan as the player many consider the Greatest Player Of All Time. Kobe's openly embraced comparisons to Mike since he was a rookie, and has done much in his career to warrant serious considerations of comparison. There are some out there who despise Kobe for emulating his childhood idol, but Michael Jordan isn't one of them. His Airness thinks Kobe is the only player that's put in the work for consideration.
"...MJ just told me Kobe's the only one to have done the work, to deserve comparison."
That Michael and Kobe choose to express who they feel are worthy comparisons to their greatness is an issue for some. Not me, sure they seem awfully arrogant in their opinions, but that bristling pride is what made them the champs they are. Maybe Kobe is doing too much work?
What will bother me is when some snooty blogger or journalist will eventually question and snicker at the opinion of the GM survey the NBA releases every season. Like a league full of guys who get paid to evaluate basketball talent on a 24/7/365 basis aren't smart enough to see what they can. Makes you scratch your head. I know, I know. Not all of the execs are good at the job, right?
Not surprisingly, LeBron isn't considered a leader among the League's execs. What is surprising is that Pau is still considered the 2nd best Center in the NBA. Only 3.7% voted for him, but think we here in Lakerland realize that Bynum should at least hold that "title." Of course, top guy was Dwight Howard, whom Drew respects a great deal. No matter what happens, the kid is playing quite well on both ends. Especially on defense, where the Lakers are making their mark as a team, and Dex assesses the Lakers through their first 15 games.
- LAKERS: L.A. Dialing up Defensively
- Michael Jordan thinks only Kobe Bryant deserves comparisons | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- MJ, Kobe And Everybody Else " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- The Point Forward » Posts Monday Musings: The trouble in evaluating Kobe Bryant « SI.com
- How to Realistically Solve the Lakers' Point Guard Issue | Lakers Nation
- Derek Fisher: Numbers Mean Nothing | Lakers Nation
- 2011-12 NBA.com GM Survey Results | NBA.com
- Does Henry Abbott even watch the NBA? | With-Malice
- Early Analysis Of Darius Morris - Lake Show Life
- Breaking Down The Annual NBA GM Survey, From Not-So-Tough Metta World Peace To Furkan Aldemir - SBNation.com
- NBA MVP Power Rankings: LeBron James, Kevin Durant Still On Top, But Kobe Bryant Lurks - SBNation.com
- SLAM ONLINE | » Kicks: Nike Kobe VII ‘Year of the Dragon’
The Los Angeles Times:
- Kobe Bryant's playing time is a concern for Lakers - latimes.com
- Mike Brown hopes to lower Kobe Bryant's minutes - latimes.com
- Andrew Bynum growing into a big thing for the Lakers - latimes.com
- What if Lamar Odom hadn't been traded by the Lakers? - latimes.com
- Kobe Bryant eager for 2012 Olympics - latimes.com
- NBA general managers believe Miami Heat will win title - latimes.com
The Orange County Register:
- MJ thinks only Kobe compares to MJ
- Mike Brown wants to play Kobe less - Lakers blog
- Who will join Kobe in London?
- Report: Clippers now on Dwight Howard’s list - Clippers blog
- NBA GM poll: Lakers to lose West to OKC, Kobe still the best with the game on the line
ESPN / Land 'O Lakers:
- The upcoming roadie, Drew v. Dwight: Lakers practice report, video
- Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown says he'd like to reduce Kobe Bryant's minutes
- Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum looks up to Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard
Other NBA Related Links
- Celtics headed for rebuild, maybe sooner than later - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Paul Pierce Rumors: Head Says "Hmmm," Heart Says NO! - CelticsBlog
- Blogtable: The Aging Celtics " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- Video: Blowing up the Celtics… do they have a choice? | ProBasketballTalk
- It's Miller's time to show Heat staying power - Heat Index Blog - ESPN
- Rubio giving Wolves, fans reasons for future optimism | NBA.com
- Gregg Popovich said his Spurs played "soft" against Heat | ProBasketballTalk
- LeBron backs Popovich as potential USA Basketball coach | ProBasketballTalk
- No stranger to injury, Wade now looks as if age is catching up to him - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice
- NBA GMs do not list LeBron James as leader - CBSSports.com
- Sheed Week: The Impact of Rasheed Wallace's Technical Fouls | Hardwood Paroxysm
- Compressed Thoughts (01/17/2012) – The No-Look Pass
- In Denver, Patience Is Paying Off for the Nuggets - NYTimes.com
- Chris Bosh now comfortable with scrutiny, lesser role in Miami - Chris Mannix - SI.com
- The Cavs Aren't Terrible. How Come? - NYTimes.com
- Team USA roster for 2012 Olympics could be best ever - NBA - Sporting News
- SLAM ONLINE | » Reasonable Doubt
- Things of Note for January 18, 2012 | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com