*** This will begin after I come back from vacation July 9th. I know I'm sad it will be this late too. :(
I figured since SS&R is the hot spot for NBA Basketball talk we should do this here. Anyone from another blog is welcome to come participate. I just thought the Lakers site would generate a better turn out and smarter fans. (No offense Raptor fans of the world.)
I was thinking we'd have 15-25 members, maybe 20 is a nice number of people to have a snake type draft of this sorts. Basically you'll be able to pick your starting 5 and a bench of 5 players. So they'll be a total of 10 rounds. You want to have at least 1 PG, 1 SG, 1 SF, 1 PF, and 1 C. Your bench can be filled with any position. If you want a 5 center bench do it!
Okay so first lets lay out some organizational rules.
- We need at least 15 people in the draft. 20 is the best and 25 being the maximum.
- Date, Time, and time limit to pick. We might not finish this draft in a day or a week. It's cool, but the person on the clock will have a full day to make a selection. Two days if his pick goes into Sunday. (Sunday is the resting period if you decide to take it.)
- All players are fair game. Any era you want.
- We'll have a new thread every 3 rounds (With an updated roster of everyone's team and selected players.)
- To sort through the names in the thread simply click ctrl F and type in the name and the computer will navigate your way through to see if he was selected.
Use this thread to discuss possible ideas and say whether you want to join the draft or not.