In an effort to keep myself entertained during the next four days, I composed a list of random Laker trivia questions. Try to answer all of them!
1. Who coached the Lakers to the 1971-72 title?
2. Who drained the go ahead three to give the Lakers a win over the Bulls in game 1 of the 1991 finals?
3. Which former Laker ranks third in franchise history in assists per game?
4. Which player missed only 3 games in the 9 seasons he played with the Lakers?
5. Who is the only Laker to ever win defensive player of the year?
6. Which former Laker gained notoriety for an on the court melee that destroyed Rudy Tomjanovich's career?
7. Which former Laker averaged the most blocks per game in franchise history?
8. Which team did the Lakers lose to in the 1981 playoffs?
9. Which former Laker was controversially inserted in place of Wilt Chamberlain in the waning minutes of the 1969 finals?
10. Who replaced Pat Riley as coach of the Lakers?
11. The Lakers had two first-round picks in the 1979 NBA draft. They chose Magic Johnson with the first pick (first overall). Whom did they choose with their second pick (14th overall)?
12. Which former Laker is the all time leading scorer at Santa Clara University?
13. Which team did the Lakers acquire George McCloud from in a 96/97 mid-season trade?
14. Which long time Laker nemesis was drafted after Kobe in the 1996 NBA draft?
15. What is Rick Fox's real first name?
16. Which player, together with John Kleine, was then Laker Cedric Ceballos traded for to the Phoenix Suns?
17. What team was former Laker Travis Knight drafted by?
18. Which former Laker became the first player in NBA history to play on three different championship-winning franchises?
20. Which former Laker did Allen Iverson famously cross over in game 1 of the 2001 finals?
21. The Lakers beat the Knicks in the 1972 finals in how many games?
22. Which team did the Lakers beat in the 1st round of 2003 playoffs?
23. Which former Jazz player joined Karl Malone in LA for the 2003-04 season?
24. Which former Laker infamously threw a cross court pass that was picked off by Gerald Henderson in game 2 of the 1984 finals?