Back again with the next installment of "Did you know...?", this week featuring new Lakers player Steve Blake. I admit I don't know a whole lot about Steve since he's never been a superstar and not a lot has been written about him. But that doesn't mean he's not good; after all, we picked him up for a reason. He was on five teams prior to joining the Lakers on July 8, 2010. Though he has struggled the last few games (hell, who on this team hasn't?), here's hoping he gets his shot going again. We could really use it right about now.
Now, about this Blake fella:
- He was born in Hollywood, FL and went to high school in Miami. Wait, what?!
- He attended the University of Maryland, and was the first ACC player to compile 1,000 points, 800 assists, 400 rebounds and 200 steals. He finished his career 5th in NCAA all-time career assists with 972.
- He led the University of Maryland Terrapins to the 2002 NCAA championship and had his number retired in 2004.
- He went two rounds with the Portland Trailblazers, first in 2005-2006, then again in 2007-2010.
- He's a career .393% 3-point shooter, which went up to .439% in 15 playoff games.
- He majored in Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of Maryland. Hmmmm...
- He is the youngest of four children, and the only boy.
- He and his wife, Kristen, have three children, all boys: Nicholas, Jameson, and Zachary (born this past August).
- His birthday is February 26.
So, what do you know about Steven Hanson Blake?
Note: All of this info was found on Wikipedia and NBA.com