Here's a fairly complete list of stuff I wrote in 2009, in the off chance that anybody feels the need to dig something up on the fly.
Przybilla: Part 2 [Aug. 17] — Biographical study of Blazer Center Joel Przybilla. Part two covers the story during his third contract, more Portland years. Extensively footnoted.
Przybilla: Part 1 [Aug. 16] — Biographical study of Blazer Center Joel Przybilla. Part one takes the story from his birth to his free agency at the end of the 2005/06 season. Extensively footnoted.
The Journey of Andre Miller, Point Guard: Part 2 [Aug. 9] — Biographical study of Blazer free agent acquisition Andre Miller. Part one takes the story from his Denver to Philadelphia to Portland. Extensively footnoted.
The Journey of Andre Miller, Point Guard: Part 1 [Aug. 8] — Biographical study of Blazer free agent acquisition Andre Miller. Part one takes the story from his birth through the end of his rookie contract as a Los Angeles Clipper. Extensively footnoted.
A Ron Artest Review: The Soap Opera So Far [SS&R, July 4] — Biographical study of new Laker SF Ron Artest. Extensively footnoted.
Blazers Edge columns
34. Hangin' On: The View from Los Angeles [Dec. 31] — New Years suggestions for Blazers Edge; Channel Surfing: Warriors/Lakers, Clippers/Blazers; Hunter S. Thompson interview; Clips clippage; punk rock videos: THE CLASH x4; 2009 Index.
33. Andre for Dinner: The View from Philadelphia [Dec. 29] — Convergence of newspapers on the net and NBA blogs as a reason players will be reading the latter soon; long video highlights of the "Little Christmas Miracle" game against the Nuggets; a rumination and a fun fact; Channel Surfing: Lakers/Kings, Mavericks/Nuggets, Sixers/Blazers; snippet from The Life of Brian; Philadelphia clippage; punk rock videos: JILTED JOHN x2, REZILLOS x2.
32. Little Christmas Miracle: The View from Denver [Dec. 26] — Liveblogging the Christmas helliday, including glimpses of Heat/Knicks, Magic/Celtics, Cavs/Lakers, Clippers/Suns, Blazers/Nuggets; video of Snowball the cockatiel as he dances at Birdman; Denver clippage; a group of punk rock Christmas videos: GREEDIES, TRANSEXPISTOLS, RAMONES, MATT BLACK AND THE DOODLEBUGS, random Italian chicks.
31. ROWWWRRRRR!!!: The View from San Antonio [Dec. 24] — Review of the basketball blogs of SBN and ESPN: Part 2: Eastern Conference; Channel Surfing: Blazers/Spurs; San Antonio clippage; punk rock video: X x2.
30. A Win and a Loss: The View from Dallas [Dec. 23] — Now it's Joel Przybilla out for the year; review of the basketball blogs of SBN and ESPN: Part 1: Western Conference; Channel Surfing: Cavaliers/Suns, Kings/Bulls, Blazers/Mavericks; Basketbal Jones 489/490; Dallas clippage; punk rock video: SEX PISTOLS.
29. Do Over: The View from Miami [Dec. 21] — Essay on Assists as an overrated statistic; video of Top 10 Assists of the 2008/09 season; Channel Surfing: Lakers/Nets, Blazers/Heat; 20 year old video of Marv Albert on Letterman; Basketball Jones 488; Miami clippage; punk rock video: RAMONES (deleted).
28. So They Lost: The View from Orlando [Dec. 20] — Losing at basketball isn't as bad as losing your life in a terrorist attack; old video of Steve Blake at the time of his free agent return; old video of Rex in awe after Brandon's 52-pointer last season; Rex Watch — liveblogging Bayless' game against the Magic; brief analysis of Blazer/Magic game; a visit to the very first Basketball Jones video, no. 330; punk rock video: DICKIES x2.
27. Rack 'Em: The View from Phoenix [Dec. 18] — Musings about the ebb and flow of NBA games and first statement of Timbo's Rule of Leads for 7SOL Teams; old video of Rex and his brother; Phoenix news coverage of Channing Frye; Frye called a chicken with AD Chicken Dancing Remix; Compendium of Eldrick Woods jokes; Channel Surfing: Lakers/Bucks, Wizards/Kings, Suns/Blazers; Basketball Jones 486/487; Phoenix clippage; more Chicken Dancing videos from Arrested Development.
26. Lifeboats Averted: The View from Sacramento [Dec. 16] — A further foray into offensive efficiency statistics, with the Blazer guards compared with similar players around the league; Video revealing why Steve Blake gets 113 minutes per game (he's an MVP candidate!); Junk Drawer mockings of Eldrick; Video of Trevor Ariza throwing a flagrant elbow; Channel Surfing: Thunder/Nuggets, Lakers/Bulls, Kings/Blazers; Basketball Jones 484/485; Sacramento clippage; Arrested Development silly song video.
25. I Need More Beer: The View from Milwaukee [Dec. 13] — Frustration with Nate for playing Blake over Bayless and some offensive efficiency numbers showing why this is dumb; Levis/Arrested Development "Never Nude" commercial video; Channel Surfing: Lakers/Jazz, Blazers/Bucks; video of baby Rex at Nike Hoops Summit; Milwaukee clippage.
24. King Incorporated: The View from Cleveland [Dec. 12] — The Eldrick Woods School of Driving (with map); A first look at Western Conference All-Star votes with special attention to Tracy McGrady; Flintstones selling cigs in an old commercial; a pot-shot at "Peace Prize" winner Obama; Channel Surfing: Nuggets/Pistons, Magic/Jazz, Blazers/Cavs; Basketball Jones 483; Cleveland clippage.
23. Plodding On: The View from Indianapolis [Dec. 10] — Blazers injuries as TV reality show, "Last Man Standing"; advanced stats for Blazer surgeries; "REHAB WITH US"; Mark Cuban on WWE video; Channel Surfing: Suns/Mavericks, Nets/Bulls, Jazz/Lakers (with video), Blazers/Pacers; Basketball Jones 481/482; Indianapolis clippage; Video of Steve Blake's most embarrassing moment; Blazer surgery poll, with Przybilla presciently the leading vote-getter.
22. Them's Breaks: The View from New York [Dec. 8] — Lamentation of the Oden injury; the rehabilitation of A.I.; Channel Surfing: Suns/Lakers, Blazers/Knicks; Basketball Jones 479/480; New York clippage.
21. Gut Check Time: The View from Houston [Dec. 6] — The Blazers' injury woes are likened to WWI British infantrymen going up over the top; Mockery of Eldrick Woods begins; Channel Surfing: Rockets/Clippers, Civil War football, Heat/Lakers, Rockets/Blazers; video of the Oden injury; Basketball Jones 477/478; Houston clippage.
20. Struggle Bunnies: The View from Miami [Dec. 2] — Essay on the loyalties to teams and a potshot at "garbage stats" like Quarterback Rating and PER; George Carlin video; November Western Conference Power Rankings; Channel Surfing: Nets/Lakers, Wolves/Nuggets, Suns/Knicks, Heat/Blazers; Basketball Jones 475/476; Miami clippage.
19. Thin Air: The View from Utah [Nov. 29] — Part 3 of the "How Laker Fans are Different than Blazer Fans" series;Shannon Brown dunking propaganda video; Channel Surfing: Lakers/Warriors, Blazers/Jazz; Red State Update video; Salt Lake City clippage.
18. Jumpers Kill: The View from Memphis [Nov. 28] — Part 2 of the "How Laker Fans are Different than Blazer Fans" series; Iverson retires — premature dancing ensues; Channel Surfing: Magic/Hawks, Jazz/Bulls, Grizzlies/Blazers; Red State Update videos; Memphis clippage.
17. Oh-for-Annum: The View from New Jersey [Nov. 26] — Part 1 of the "How Laker Fans are Different than Blazer Fans" series; Channel Surfing: Warriors/Mavericks, Knicks/Lakers, Mavs/Rockets, Nets/Blazers; Basketball Jones 474; New Jersey clippage.
16. We Have Liftoff! : The View from Chicago [Nov. 24] — After parting company with Silver Screen and Roll on Nov. 20 over an unshared editorial vision, "The View" column is relaunched here on the BE sidebar. Introductory essay; rehash of the singling Chicago Bulls video; analysis of the Blazers v. Bulls game; Basketball Jones 473; Chicago clippage.
Making Sense of Nic Batum's "Creepy" Injury [Oct. 27] — The shoulder injury of starting SF Nic Batum is examined and its ramifications explored.
And the winner is.......... [Oct. 23] — The Blazers' final 15 man roster for the 2009/10 season, now set, is explored player-by-player with snarky commentary. Injuries soon made this moot.
The Andre Miller Signing: The View from Philadelphia [July 27] — "The View" column is Blazerized for the first time here so that Philadelphia commentary and clippage may be collected relating to the high-profile signing of free agent PG Andre Miller.
What I learned from the 2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers [June 22] — Just because you hate the Lakers doesn't mean you can't learn anything from their world championship run. The meaning of life illustrated.
Blazer Workout Player Links: Episode 5 [June 17] — I cruise YouTube so you won't have to... A compilation of video and stats links for: Darren Collison (6-1, 165 lbs., PG, UCLA, Age 21), Dante Cunningham (6-8, 230 lbs., PF, Villanova, Age 22), Tyler Hansbrough (6-9, 230 lbs., PF, UNC, Age 23), and Jeff Pendergraph (6-9, 230 lbs., PF, ASU, Age 22).
Blazer Workout Player Links: Episode 4 [June 15] — I cruise YouTube so you won't have to... A compilation of video and stats links for: Terrel Harris (6-5, 190-205 lbs., SG, Oklahoma State, Age 21), Joe Ingles (6-8, 194 lbs., SF, Happy Valley, Australia, Age 21), Jonas Jerebko (6-9, 210 lbs., SF, Sweden, Age 22), Jermaine Taylor (6-4, 210 lbs., SG, Central Florida, Age 22), Garrett Temple (6-5, 176 lbs., SG/SF, LSU, Age 23), and Marcus Thornton (6-4, 198 lbs., SG, LSU, Age 22).
What will the #24 pick get ya? [June 9] — If one examines enough mock drafts, one can reasonably estimate a small range of players that are rated to be "worth" a given pick. Eighty-four mocks were examined to generate this list, which includes Ganai Lawal, Omri Casspi, Sam Young, Austin Daye, and Darren Collison.
Blazer Workout Player Links: Episode 3 [June 8, 2009] — I cruise YouTube so you won't have to... A compilation of video and stats links for: Osiris Eldridge (6'3"SG, Illinois State, age 20), Wayne Ellington (6'4" SG, North Carolina, age 21), Danny Green (6'5" SG/SF, North Carolina, age 21), Damion James (6'7" SF, Texas, 21 years old), Dior Lowhorn (6'7" PF/SF, San Francisco, 22 years old), and Josh Shipp (6'5" SG/SF, 24 years old UCLA).
Blazer Workout Player Links: Episode 2 [June 5] — I cruise YouTube so you won't have to... A compilation of video and stats links for: Omri Casspi (6'8" SF, Israel, age 20), Micah Downs (6'7" SG/SF, Gonzaga, age 22), Chinemelu "Junior" Elonu (6'10" PF/C, Nigeria/Texas A&M, age 22), Chris Johnson (6'11" PF/C, LSU, age 23), Jerel McNeal (purportedly 6'3" SG, Marquette, age 21), Greivis Vasquez (purportedly 6'5" PG, Venezuela/Maryland).
Blazer Workout Player Links: Episode 1 [May 12] — I cruise YouTube so you won't have to... Links page for stats and video for: DeMarre Carroll [6'8 " F, Missouri], Cedric Jackson [6'3" G, Cleveland State], Joe Krabbenhoft [6'7" F, Wisconsin], Wes Matthews [6'5" G, Marquette], Garrett Temple [6'6" G, LSU], A.D. Vassallo [6'6" G, Virginia Tech], Jeff Adrien [6'7" F, Connecticut], Josh Carter [6'7" G, Texas A&M], Alonzo Gee [6'6" G, Alabama], Chris Johnson [6'11" F, LSU], Jeremy Pargo [6'2" G, Gonzaga].
Stupid. Obnoxious. Annoying. The All-NBA Top 5 [April 4] — Picks for the All-NBA Obnoxious Team include PG Stephon Marbury, SG Allen Iverson, SF Ron Artest, PF Rasheed Wallace, and C Chris Andersen. How Kevin Garnett was missed is a mystery...
The Chemistry thread — Is it real, does it matter, and do KP and his number crunching cronies believe in it? [April 3] — Discussion starter on whether chemistry off the floor generates positive results on the floor.
Silver Screen and Roll columns
Lakeshow Episode 12: The View from Chicago [Nov. 20] was completed but spiked and erased by me. It was more of the usual, nothing shocking or out of the ordinary...
Lakeshow Episode 11: The View from Detroit [Nov. 18] — Love those Grizzlies!; hilarious Bulls karaoke video; Channel Surfing: Blazers/Hawks, Pistons/Lakers; Basketball Jones 468/469; Detroit clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 10: The View from Houston [Nov. 16] — More mocking of the Grizzlies, this time for signingJamaal Tinsley; Tinsley video from YouTube; Channel Surfing: Blazers/Bobcats, Thunder/Spurs, Clips/Thunder, Rockets/Lakers; Basketball Jones 467; Houston clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 09: The View from Denver [Nov. 14] — Comments on the Lakers' "Friday Flop"; first Western Conference Power Rankings; Denver linkage.
Lakeshow Episode 08: The View from Phoenix [Nov. 13] — The real Iverson story revealed and contrasted to official lies coming from Memphis; Channel Surfing: Magic/Thunder, Suns/Sixers, Jazz/Knicks, Blazers/Grizzlies, Blazers/Timberwolves, Hornets/Suns, Suns/Lakers; Basketball Jones 463/464/465/466; Phoenix clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 07: The View from New Orleans [Nov. 9] — Bashing the Grizzlies' owner and GM; Channel Surfing: Raptors/Mavs, Kings/Jazz, Grizzlies/Clips, Suns/Whizz, Timberwolves/Blazers, Hornets/Lakers; New Orleans clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 06: The View from Memphis [Nov. 7] — Watching basketball with my wife; Channel Surfing: Spurs/Jazz, Spurs/Blazers, Grizz/Lakers; Basketball Jones 462; Memphis clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 05: The View from Houston [Nov. 5] — Going to a SOUTHERN CULTURE ON THE SKIDS show; Channel Surfing: Jazz/Mavs, Lakers/Rockets; Basketball Jones 461; Houston clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 04: The View from OKC [Nov. 4] — Laughing at silly Clipper coach Dunleavy, who thinks he has a playoff team; Iverson introduced to Memphis video; Channel Surfing: Grizz/Kings, Hawks/Blazers, Lakers/Thunder; Basketball Jones 460; Oklahoma City clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 03: The View from Atlanta [Nov. 2] — My declaration of NBAdom; Onion video on the great relief of Clipper fans killed in collapse of Staples Center; Channel Surfing: Magic/Raps, Blazers/Thunder, Hawks/Lakers; Basketball Jones 458; Atlanta clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 02: The View from Dallas [Nov. 1] is missing. This seems to have been accidentally deleted somehow or other.. Would have included Basketball Jones 457, Dallas clippage.
Lakeshow Episode 01: The View from -ummm- Clipperland [Oct. 28] — Starting the season in a basketball frenzy: Celts/Cavs, Whizz/Mavs, Rockets/Blazers, and Clips/Lakers; Basketball Jones 456; Clips clippage.
Pre-Season Hijinks, Episode 3: The View from Sacramento [Oct. 17] — Gettin' grumpy about marked-up books and League Pass Broad Band; Sacramento clippage.
Pre-season Hijinks, Episode 2: The View from Oakland [Oct. 10] — The Lakers do battle again with the Warriors and fare better this time; Oakland clippage.
Pre-Season Hijinks, Episode 1: The View from Oakland [Oct. 8] — A new season begins as the Lakers take on the Warriors in pre-season action; Oakland clippage.
And the next coach of Your Los Angeles Lakers is... [Aug. 14] — With Kurt Rambis gone to the T-wolves, who is heir apparent to take over for PJ when he retires as coach of the Lakers? The Kamentzky Brothers know: Brian Shaw.
Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest: The View from Houston [July 3] — Assessment of the recently-completed de facto trade of Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza via free agency through Houston clippage.
Draft Views from all over the Wild West: Part 2 [June 27] — Clippage from 7 NBA Western Conference cities on the just-completed draft; Analysis rankings of their efforts: 1. Warriors, 2. Nuggets, 3. Rockets, 4. Spurs, 5. Thunder, 6. Suns, 7. Timberwolves.
Draft Views from all over the Wild West: Part 1 [June 27] — Clippage from 7 NBA Western Conference cities on the just-completed draft; Analysis and rankings of their efforts: 1. Kings, 2. LA Clippers, 3. Blazers, 4. Mavericks, 5. Jazz, 6. Hornets, 7. Grizzlies.
St. Kevin's Day 2009: The Agony and the Ecstasy [June 26] — Review of trades completed and live-blogging Round 1 of the 2009 NBA Draft.
Finals Game 5 Recap: The View from Orlando [June 15] — Lakers win: THE END; random observations about the finals; Basketball Jones 455; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 5 Preview (pt. 2): The View from Orlando [June 14] — The end to the 2008/09 season is near so it's time for a big recap of favorite highlights of the year; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 5 Preview (pt. 1): The View from Orlando [June 13] — Divine revelation that Pau Gasol, "best #2 player in the NBA," is a Center, not a PF; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 4 Recap: The View from Orlando [June 12] — Extensive game analysys of the Laker win; Basketball Jones 454; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 4 Preview: The View from Orlando [June 11] — "The teams are pretty evenly matched, we'll see what happens. We're done."; Wayne Ellington could be a Laker and here are his links; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 3 Recap: The View from Orlando [June 10] — Kudos to SVG for making a winning substitution by benching himself; game analysis; Basketball Jones 453; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 3 Preview: The View from Orlando [June 9] — Who is really favored in Game 3?; link to a mock draft database; Laker Fun Facts; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 2 Recap: The View from Orlando [June 8] — Lakers win ugly in overtime thanks to SVG's disastrous rotations; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 2 Preview (pt. 2): The View from Orlando [June 7] — Moaning about the NBA's weird Finals scheduling; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 2 Preview (pt. 1): The View from Orlando [June 6] — Other teams are working out draft prospects but the Lakers are still playing; Orlando clippage.
Finals Game 1 Recap: The View from Orlando [June 5] — "Kobe & Co. won by 25 but weren't so much better"; Orlando clippage.
Game 1 Preview: The View from Orlando [June 4] — Trash talking with Magic Fan Marie (Mucho Kobe Jokes!!!); Orlando clippage.
Why the Orlando Magic Are Tougher Than You Think They Are [June 3] — Position-by-position analysis of theOrlando Magic; Orlando clippage.
24 Hours to go, I wanna be sedated: The View from Orlando [June 3] — Time moves slowly so series requests are passed on to Santa; Orlando clippage.
Loitering in the parking lot two days before tipoff: The View from Orlando [June 2] — The original intro ripped SBN a new orifice for their buggy and seemingly untested revision of the basic software. It was deleted by The Boss at SS&R in the name of graciousness and maintaining warm relations with the code-writers. The Orlando clippage survived.
Eastern Conference Finals Game 6: The View from Orlando [May 31] — A silly intro and pre-series investigation of what those sneaky Magic followers are saying is underway with Orlando clippage.
Game 6 Recap: The View from Denver [May 30] — The stunning Game 6 blowout of the Nuggets in review; Denver clippage.
Game 6 Preview: The View from Denver [May 29] — An attempt to detail the flora and fauna of the NBA blogging world in hopes that other blogs will develop similar columns to this; Denver clippage.
Game 5 Recap: The View from Denver [May 28] — Reverse engineering the conspiracy behind the Orlando victory over the Cavs — it's all Disney! — and Denver clippage.
Game 5 Preview: The View from Denver [May 27] — Moaning about having to be creative writing about a Laker team seemingly capable of only half a good game; Denver clippage.
Game 4 Recap: The View from Denver [May 26] — Some games are in doubt and others aren't, this was the latter for LAL; Denver clippage.
Game 4 Preview: The View from Denver [May 25] — Another NBA dream, this time with PJ in an elevator; "Timbo's Subjective Guide to Lakers' Player Heights; Denver clippage.
Game 3 Recap: The View from Denver [May 24] — Negative comments in game thread as concrete proof that Lakers had lost Game 3 before winning; Denver clippage.
Game 3 Preview: The View from Denver [May 23] — An emotional reaction against Cleveland's last second victory leaves no doubt which team is favored in series; Denver clippage.
Game 2 Recap: The View from Denver [May 22] — Lamentations on the Nuggs having "broken serve" on the Lakers; Denver clippage.
Game 2 Preview: The View from Denver [May 21] — Nugget strategy vs. "The Bitch Goddess," home court advantage; Denver clippage.
Schadenfreude: A quick visit to Cleveland [May 20] — A smirky commentary on the status of the Cleveland "juggernaut" in the aftermath of having lost home court advantage to Orlando; Cleveland clippage.
Game 1 Recap: The View from Denver [May 20] — "Grumpy McSourpuss" proclaims the Lakers' Game 1 victory a "bad performance" with a "lucky result"; Denver clippage.
Game 1 Preview: The View from Denver [May 19] — Initial dose of Denver clippage regarding the upcoming series with the Lakers.
Why the Denver Nuggets Are Tougher Than You Think They Are [May 18] — Timbo the Enchanter says "Neener Neener" about the Rockets near upset; position by position breakdown of the Denver Nuggets prior to their playoff series with the LA Lakers.
Game 7 Recap: The View from Houston [May 18] — Rocky Balboa didn't beat Apollo Creed either and the Rockets lost it in Game 3; Houston clippage.
Game 7 Preview: The View from Houston [May 16] — Setting the table for a decisive Game 7; Houston clippage.
Game 6 Recap: The View from Houston [May 15] — Everything proceeding according to the Rockets' plan; Houston clippage.
Game 6 Preview: The View from Houston [May 14] — On teams moving the bar in a 7 game series; Houston clippage.
Game 5 Recap: The View from Houston [May 13] — A 40 point beatdown of the Rockets draws comment; Houston clippage.
Game 5 Preview: The View from Houston [May 12] — Basketball Murder; Houston clippage.
Game 4 Recap: The View from Houston [May 10] — Lakers lose and suffer stinging rebuke; Houston clippage.
Game 4 Preview: The View from Houston [May 10] — Yao Ming out and Rockets "in doo doo of maximum deepness"; Houston clippage.
Game 3 Recap: The View from Houston [May 9] — Party declared over for the Rockets; Houston clippage.
Game 3 Preview: The View from Houston [May 8] — Commentary on the Fisher suspension and Kobe's "elbow"; Houston clippage.
Game 2 Preview: The View from Houston [May 6] — Initial impressions of the difference between Laker fans and Blazer fans; Houston clippage.
Game 1 Recap: The View from Houston [May 5] — Basketball dreams and Houston clippage following Rockets' game 1 victory over LA.
Why the Houston Rockets Are Tougher Than You Think They Are [May 4] — Position by position breakdown of the Rockets prior to their playoff series with the LA Lakers.